Hello Researchers and Academicians
1. Prepare an appealing PPT. Include the most vital parts of your research thesis in it. Use more of pictorial representations than theoretical content in the PPT. Take inputs from your supervisor on the contents of the PPT.
2. Dress up yourselves in a way that makes you feel comfortable. In fact you would be the centre of attraction on that day. However avoid wearing gorgeous outfits and dress up in formals.
3. Organize a mock session at your home or workplace with a few audience to bring down your nervousness . Get their feedback on your presentation.
4. Ensure to convey whatever you wish to convey within the timeframe that would be given to you. ( This can be rehearsed during the mock viva). Most examiners give 40 to 45 minutes for the candidate to present.
5. Do not use complex terms or jargons while presenting your work. Remember..most of the viva voce sessions have audience from non- academic and non-technical background as well.
6.Ensure that you have found answers to all queries that Thesis Examiners had aroused upon evaluating your Thesis. You will be expected to answer atleast a few of them for sure by the panel members at the time of your presentation.
7. After completing your presentation, wait for the examiners or audience to ask their questions. Listen to the questions carefully. Think well and then answer.
8. Not all human beings know everything .In case, you do not know the answer to any of the questions raised by the examiners or outsiders.. feel free to admit it. Covering up with wrong answers or cooking up with stories will create a bad impression on you.
9. Maintain a good eye contact while presenting as well as answering to the questions raised by the audience. Answer boldly and clearly. You should be firm and confident of your research findings and not get confused when someone arises a question.
10. Above All, stay cool and composed.. for you have come this far ..overcoming all your hurdles in your doctoral journey. This is indeed the last lap heading you towards the FINISH line of your race.
All the Best !!!!